_The five drawings of Old Burley are by a Northern Artist, Eric Wostenholme, of Kirkham, Lancashire, who donated these drawings to the Burley Community Council
_Originally known as the Lecture Hall, it was built in 1868 by the then mill owners, Fison and Forster, whose initials can be seen carved in the stone over the large window nearest to the Red Lion. The hall was built to provide recreational and educational activities in the village. Greenholme Mills School used the section of the hall, now known as the Annexe, until 1897. The two stone celtic crosses in front of the hall commemorate Fison and Forster.